Connect With Us!
Open Education Database
Rock Your Future!
2019 Scholarship Application Open Feb 4 - Closes on Mar 19, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
Application opens Feb 4, 2019
$1000 Scholarship Award per recipient. Fifty awards available.
Scholarship Program made possible through a grant received
Fall 2019 Scholarship Application
Recipient Eligibility Requirements - Must meet all listed:
1. Minimum GPA of 3.5 on high school transcript through Dec 2018.
2. Acceptance to a 2 or 4 year higher education institution.
3. Higher Ed Institution must be located in Texas.
4. Only students enrolled in Region 17 school districts are eligible.
5. Recipient must submit letter of acceptance from selected college by April 1, 2019 after advised of selection.
6. Recipient must attend recognition event in Lubbock in May,
7. Recipient must complete Scholarship Agreement & provide academic
8. Recipients of Terry Foundation scholarships are not eligible.
9. Recipients will be notified by posting on this website by March 30, 2019.
Scholarship 2019 Application below:
Complete all fields. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Submission constitutes electronic signature.
Indicates required field
Home Phone Number
I have been accepted to 2 year institution
I have been accepted to 4 year institution
Name of higher education institution attending.
Cell Phone Number
Applied to college via ApplyTexas.org
Enter the EFC code from FAFSA Student Aid Report
Check applicable item
Obtained > 6 hours of Dual Credit
Obtained > 12 hours of Dual Credit
Obtained > 18 hours of Dual Credit
No Dual Credit hours obtained
High School Attending:
High School Address
HS Counselor Name
HS Counselor Phone Number
HS School Counselor Email
Date of HS Graduation
GPA through Dec 31, 2017.
Number of students in class
SAT and or ACT scores:
List awards, scholarships, or honors you have received
List organizations/extracurricular activities in which you have participated, including leadership roles you have held
Indicate work experiences or volunteer community service
Essay Question: How will you use your college education to make the world a better place?
200 words or less.
South Plains GenTX
Texas Tech University
College of Education Building
P.O. Box 41071
Lubbock, TX 79409